A message to our valued employees and clients:
As we are sure you are aware, the outbreak of the new coronavirus disease, known as COVID-19, has people concerned around the world. You can feel confident that J&L Staffing and Recruiting is closely monitoring developments and taking preventative measures to reduce exposure and ensure business continuity. This includes proactive steps to make sure our employees and clients are fully supported during this difficult time.
In accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance, our objectives are to reduce transmission, protect people with the highest risk, and maintain operations. As always, our response to this situation will be led by two guiding principles: putting our employees first and ensuring our company’s overall capabilities to best serve our clients.
J&L Staffing and Recruiting is taking the following actions:
Revised Travel Policy
- Our leadership has made the decision to limit non-essential business travel. We’re leveraging alternate methods for addressing business needs remotely. We’ll continue to update travel related policy as the situation evolves.
- In line with CDC direction, we are guiding employees to help prevent the spread of viruses through heightened personal and environmental hygiene measures.
- In addition, any employee exhibiting symptoms of a potential COVID-19 infection will be asked to stay home until there are no signs of a fever, or any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (ex: cough suppressants).
- Lastly, staying well-informed is essential. Our employees are encouraged to visit the CDC website for updates, and to find resources they can depend on for ways to protect against illness.
- Our vehicles are sprayed down with disinfectant spray at the beginning and end of each shift. Hard surfaces are wiped down with disinfectant wipes at the end of each shift. Hands are sanitized after handling employee ID badges and badge equipment is wiped down with disinfectant wipes.
Additional Steps we are implementing
- Enhanced office cleaning: Cleaning staff in each of our branches in Sioux City, Iowa and Grand Island, Nebraska are taking extra steps to disinfect our common spaces
- Work from home preparedness: As needed, we may require employees in one or more of our office locations to work from home. We are reviewing systems, policies, and procedures to ensure readiness.
- Returning to office after travel: We are continuing to monitor locations that have widespread outbreaks and may impose work from home requirements for employees returning from one of those locations.
We are committed to working with you to ensure our contingency planning remains agile as the global health crisis develops.
In the meantime, J&L Staffing and Recruiting will continue to closely monitor information and developments from official public health agencies as trusted sources to guide our preparedness planning and actions. We look forward to partnering with you as always to do what is right for you and our people and will continue to provide updates in the coming days and weeks.
Be safe and responsible,
President, J&L Staffing and Recruiting